Answers for your questions
PRODUCT & ORDERING
* The minimum order amount is $60
How do I place an order?
The easiest way to place an order is to use the shopping cart to add tiles or pottery to your basket, and then check out to pay with your credit card through Paypal, our secure payment processor. Pay through Paypal using Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express.
***Note on using Paypal
You do not need to open an account at Paypal to pay with your credit card. During checkout, when you reach the Paypal site, just click continue to pay with your credit card.
- Email us your order
- Call us - we can take your order over the phone with your credit card. We accept Visa and Mastercard. Our phone number is +97226261587. Alternately, email us and we'll call you.
We offer 2 payment methods:
- Paypal - simply check out and choose Paypal to pay with your credit card
- Bank transfer/deposit - Go through the check out process and then choose to pay with Bank transfer/deposit. Click on Place Order to finish.
You will receive a confirmation email with the bank details. As soon as we receive the bank transfer, your order will be processed and then shipped when ready.
How much do your tiles cost?
Our unframed 6x6 inch decorative tiles cost $22 per tile. Framed 6" animal and floral decorative tiles cost $38. Other sizes and larger tile murals have prices mentioned in the product details. Please note that our minimum order requirement is $60
What is your shipping policy?
- Tiles available in inventory are shipped within a few days by standard airmail, with a delivery time of 2 to 3 weeks, or by door to door express mail service with a delivery time of 4 to 8 business days from the date of shipping. See Shipping.
- For commissions, personalized items or custom name plates, please contact us.
- Tracking information is provided for all shipments
- Guaranteed delivery or your money back (through Paypal)
What are your tile specifications, features and dimensions?
- Each ceramic tile is individually handled, painted, hand glazed and fired in our kilns, in our family run ceramics studio.
- The tiles are fired in our electric kilns at 1000 degrees centigrade, 1850 F. The colors are sealed in under the glaze forever and do not fade or wash away.
- Each tile is 6 x 6 inches in size, and about a 1/4 inch thick standard wall tile (0.50 cm). The weight of each tile is 0.25 Kg, or 0.55 lbs.
- Tiles are available with or without cork backing and hanger, depending on how you intend to use them. Wall tiles should have no backing. Wall hangings need backing and a hanger. Wall hangings are also available wood framed.
- Our border tiles are 3 x 6 inches (7.5 x 15 cm). Corner tiles are 3 x 3 inches.
- Tile installations should be cleaned with a soft damp cloth and an all purpose tile or kitchen cleaner.
- All tiles are packed extremely well to protect against breakage.
Can your tiles be used in a kitchen backsplash or bathroom wall? or outside?
Yes. Our tiles are glazed and fired at 1000 degrees centigrade (1850 F). The colors are sealed in and won't wash away. Therefore they are suitable for use as kitchen backsplash tiles (see photo below), bathroom wall tiles, table top tiles, and counter top tiles, and outdoors.
***See photo gallery for more ideas
Peacock & pomegranate tile mural in kitchen backsplash
How can I use your decorative tiles in a kitchen backsplash or bathroom wall?
- First, choose a decorative tile that appeals to you and fits in with the color scheme of your kitchen backsplash or bathroom wall.
- You can install single accent floral or animal pattern tiles in between other plain field tiles, or choose a continuous design wall tile to cover the entire kitchen backsplash or bathroom wall. Or choose a tile mural (see Photo Gallery).
- We recommend that you order 1 or 2 sample tiles to help you decide on the colors. Have your tile contractor take measurements based on our tile size (6x6 inches).
- The grout color you choose should compliment the tiles. A dark grout stands out, while a white grout blends in more (consult your tile contractor). It all depends on the effect you want to achieve.
For ideas, see our tile installation photo gallery
Do the colors on your tiles fade? Do the tiles stand hot or cold temperatures?
Our tiles are expertly glazed and fired at 1000 degrees centigrade (1850 F); therefore the colors do not fade or wash away since they are sealed in under the glaze. Since the tiles are fired at a high temperature, they are able to stand hot temperatures (can be used as hot plates).
Are your tiles available without the cork backing and hanger?
Yes. Our tiles can be purchased without cork backing for use as kitchen backsplash tiles, bathroom wall tiles, table top tiles, counter top tiles, and fireplace tiles.
Can your tiles be used outdoors?
- Yes our tiles can be installed outdoors. Installation should be carried out by a tile contractor or professional installer, who can install the tiles and grout them properly.
- Professionally installed tiles withstand extreme weather conditions, heat or freezing temperatures.
Where is your ceramics studio located?
- Our studio, kilns and store, is located in Jerusalem's charming Old City, at 3 The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate Street, Jerusalem, Israel
- We ship worldwide - most notably to the US, Canada, UK, Australia and Europe.
What are your opening hours?
- We are open every day except Sundays from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Israel local time (10 hours ahead of US west coast time zone).
- Our online storefront is open 24/7.
What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept payment through Paypal
- We accept phone orders. You can call us at +972-2-6261587, and we'll take your credit card over the phone. We accept Visa & Mastercard
- We also accept bank transfers. Email us for our bank details
Any information that you provide us with is used solely for the purpose of communicating with you about your order. We DO NOT share, give away, or divulge any information you may provide us with.
Do you accept returns ?
We do not accept returns. If you are not sure about the color of the tiles or any other detail, we suggest that you order a few samples first, before ordering a larger quantity.
How long have you been around?
- As one of the founders of Armenian ceramics in Jerusalem in 1919, we have been around for over a 100 years, producing exquisite tiles and pottery.
- Our experience ranges from the Dome of the Rock tiling project, to the street name tiles of Jerusalem, to present day commissions and hand painted artwork.
- We have been online since 2004, and have since been shipping tiles and pottery worldwide
See About us for more
Do you make hand painted Armenian pottery?
Yes we do. As one of the three families who established this art in Jerusalem in 1919, we produce multi colored traditional designs painted on a wide range of pottery wares, shapes and sizes.
See our Armenian pottery page for hand painted pottery.